Failure to Report or Absconding in Aliso Viejo

In the state of California and in the city of Aliso Viejo, it is required that you report to your probation or parole officer either once a month or as the judge or probation or parole may see fit.

Failure to do so will usually result in some severe consequences.

What happens if you abscond or fail to report to your PO?

Depending on your PO and based on the circumstances of the probation violation, the PO can decide to:

  • Give you a warning if this is the first time the violation has happened or
  • Report the violation to the court and thus trigger a parole or probation violation hearing

At the hearing you can choose to be represented by a criminal lawyer and bring evidence to show that you either:

  • Did not violate your probation (or parole) or fail to report or abscond or
  • There were extenuating or mitigating circumstances that led to your absconding or failure to report

The judge will then decide whether the circumstances amount to a violation, and then choose to either:

  • Schedule a revocation hearing, where it will be decided whether you ought to complete all or a portion of your suspended prison sentence
  • Extend your probation or parole period and maybe have additional conditions added to your terms or
  • Prior terms may be reinstated because you may not have been found to be in violation of your probation or parole terms.

Usually, there is much less wiggle room for parole violations as opposed to probation violations. Either way, if you are arrested or called to appear before the court for a probation or parole violation, it is important that you hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to represent you.

If you have violated probation, contact Johnson Criminal Law Group for help with your case.

Free Phone Consultation
(949) 622-5522(949) 622-5522 - Available 24/7 | Se habla Español - Get Help with Bail Bonds